1. What should I pay attention to when using an electronic wristband?
2. In which cases is a service fee charged?
3. Do I need an internet connection on my phone as long as I stay in home quarantine?
The Internet connection on your phone provides the link between the Güvende Kal application and the Tracking Center. During your quarantine, your phone should not be disconnected from the internet and the location status of the application should be selected as always.
4. Why should the bluetooth be turned on?
From the moment the electronic wristband is activated, it is paired with the Güvende Kal application and it continuously communicates with your phone via bluetooth technology.
5. If my mobile phone runs out of battery, will I be in violation?
Your mobile phone must be always on and connected to the internet. In order for the application to work properly, the battery status of your phone should not be low. If your battery is low, you will be in violation.
6. Is there any problem in case of liquid contact with the electronic wristband?
Electronic wristbands are resistant to liquid contact, and there will be no problem with liquid contact.
7. Can I remove the electronic wristband and put it back on whenever I want?
Electronic wristband should never be removed. If it is removed, you will be in violation.
8. I couldn't download the app, can someone in my family download for me?
The phone from which you downloaded the application and paired with electronic wristband should be with you during your stay in quarantine.
9. What should I do after my quarantine period has expired?
After your quarantine period expires, you should have your PCR test done on the specified day and within the allowed time period as a text message to your contact number, and return to your location during the home quarantine period without visiting any place and wait for your test result to be obtained.
10. How can I remove the wristband after I have done my PCR test? Is it okay if I take it out myself?
After your PCR test result is issued, you will upload your result to the "Send PCR Result" field in the Guvende Kal application, and go to our return points without removing the electronic wristband and your wristband will be removed by authorized persons.
11. After my quarantine period, will the PCR test be charged?
If you choose to do it in private health institutions, you must pay the test fee yourself.
12. What happens if I do not return within the given time on the last day of my quarantine?
If you arrive late during the home quarantine period, your information will be shared with the Police Forces and legal action will be initiated against you.
13. Are there wristband return points in every district?
Yes, there are return points in every district. Click link given, to reach the nearest return point information https://kktckarantina.com/en/iade-noktalari
14. Can I use the electronic wristband in other quarantine processes?
Wristbands must be returned after your quarantine period has expired.
15. How will I get the deposit I paid after the quarantine period is over?
With the end of your quarantine process, you must go to the nearest Wristband Return Point after you receive the notification from the Quarantine Tracking Center. After the necessary checks are made to remove your wristband (with the wristband undamaged and intact), the fee you paid to your debit card or credit card will be refunded. The return period may vary depending on your bank's return procedure.
16. What is the procedure that will happen, if I leave my quarantine location?
If you breach your quarantine location, you will be called by the Quarantine Tracking Center. If you cannot be reached or you cannot prove that you are in the position you have determined, your violation will be transferred to the police.
17. How much time is given for me to reach to my quarantine address once the electronic wristband is attached?
After you left the place where you wear the electronic wristband, a certain time is given for you according to the distance of your end destination. You are expected to reach your quarantine address without any hesitation within the given time period.
18. Will I receive any notification if I leave the quarantine location?
A notification will come through the application and you will be warned by announcements.
19. If the electronic wristband is broken or the cord is damaged, how can I pay the breakdown fee?
The authorized person sends a message to the your phone for payment. Once you open the link in this message, by entering the credit card information, you will be able to make payment. Once the authorized person sees the payment , he / she exchanges the wristband and / or cord.
20. Should my children wear the electronic wristband?
Electronic wristbands are not worn for children under the age of 12 and under. However, your children should not leave your quarantine location during your stay in quarantine.
21. Where should I call if I have problems with the Electronic Wristband and Güvende Kal application?
If you have problems with the electronic wristband and the Güvende Kal application, you can reach 0533 878 10 24 Quarantine Tracking Center 24/7, and you can also get live support from the Güvende Kal channel within the BiP application.
22. Who should I call to go out if there is an emergency situation?
You should apply to the relevant regional police headquarters.
23. Which phones is the Guvende Kal application available?
It can be used on devices with Android 5 and above, IOS 9 and above operating system. App Gallery is not supported on Huawei branded devices.
Home Quarantine Criteria
Quarantine at home is when the contacts live without leaving the house and without contacting other people in the house. Home quarantine begins when the first PCR test result after the last contact date is negative. It is terminated when the PCR test is negative on the 10th day after the last contact date. The day after the last contact date is considered the first day.
** An important reason for quarantine is that you may be infected even though you show no signs of illness. When a person has the virus without knowing they are sick or feeling any symptoms, they can transmit the disease to others. Quarantine helps prevent the spread of the disease.
Things to watch out for in quarantine at home;
INSULATION OF COVID-19 POSITIVE PATIENTS AT HOME
Necessary Home Conditions
FUNCTIONING OF THE PROCESS
Note: If the Covid-19 positive person has not entered the quarantine alone because he is a child or in need of care, etc., when the patient's test turns negative, the PCR test is also performed on the caregiver. If the caregiver's test is negative, this time the caregiver is placed in a contact quarantine for 10 days.
For contacted individuals please click here for wristband application areas